Search the VMware Knowledge Base (KB)
View by Article ID
How to access VMware AirWatch support (2151511)
In order to access support in myAirWatch, you will need to have both File SR Permission in My VMware and the necessary permission in myAirWatch
- To learn more about My VMware, please review the My VMware FAQ
- Learn more about Functionality and limitations of My VMware for customers with AirWatch Products
- If you do not have access to file Support Request or need to be added to the folder containing the AirWatch products in My VMware, please contact the Super User or Procurement Contact
- If you already have a the necessary access and permissions to file SR, you can use myAirWatch for customer service, or access to communities and documentation
- If you are unsure of your Entitlement Account or need assistance locating the Super User or Procurement Contact, please contact Support
- If you are added to the correct folder with AirWatch Products in My VMware and are added in myAirWatch, however you are unable to file support requests on myAirWatch you may need to contact support
Before you use myAirWatch
- Make sure you confirm or create your My VMware profile.
- You can now access myAirWatch account using My VMware Credentials
- Active users on AirWatch support contracts, but new to VMware’s support systems, will have My VMware profiles and Customer Numbers created in advance. You will receive a confirmation email with your Customer Number
- You will need to use your unique customer number to contact support
- Users with previously existing VMware support contracts and profiles will have VMware AirWatch added to their entitlements if you have bought AirWatch licenses and support.
Understanding User and Roles available in myAirWatch
- Customers leveraging AirWatch’s support offerings are agreeing to specific roles and responsibilities as well. It is important to understand the different contacts in your company, such as technical contacts and contract administration personnel.
- Note: All contacts must have a personal email address in your corporate domain(s). We are unable to accept tickets or provide access to shared or generic email addresses.
- Procurement Contacts have the ability to open Support requests and work with AirWatch Support on support requests. They are also given access to the myAirWatch resource portal in order to view documentation and access the AirWatch Academy. Procurement Contacts with dedicated deployment models can request upgrades in their hosted environments and are provided access to installation files and guides for on-premise console upgrades. The maximum number of Procurement Contacts your organization is entitled to is based on the support offering you select.
- Administrators are given access to the myAirWatch resource portal in order to view documentation and access the AirWatch Academy. They are restricted from opening support requests and are unable to access upgrade or installation files. Your organization can have unlimited Administrators.
- End Users have public access to the myAirWatch portal. They will be able to access the AirWatch Knowledge Base, but may be restricted from accessing certain files, guides, and articles. Your organization can have unlimited End Users.
If you cannot file Support Request in myAirWatch for AirWatch Products and Services, please check the following:
- You can login to My VMware
- You have access to the Entitlement Account with the folder containing the AirWatch Products and have "File Support Request" permission on that folder or the "Home" folder
- AirWatch products have Active Support Contract
- You can login to myAirWatch using My VMware credentials
- Navigate to Support > Get Help in My AirWatch
If you encounter any issues or need help with users and permissions in My VMware:
- Please see Understanding user permissions in My VMware (2006977)
- If you need access to the accounts or folders in My VMware please contact the Super User or Procurement Contact of your Entitlement Account
- You can request folder permissions in My VMware (2016605)
- You can contact VMware Support if you still are facing difficulties on My VMware portal
If you encounter any issues or need help with users and permissions in My AirWatch:
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.