The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Connecting to Desktop fails with the error: Cannot connect to desktop because the virtualization tools are not running (2100140)
- Unable to connect to Desktop
- Connecting to desktop fails
- In the Desktop portal, you see the error:
Cannot connect to desktop because the virtualization tools are not running.
Note: This article is applicable to the following products:
- VMware Horizon DaaS Bundle (VDI/RDSH Edition)
- VMware Horizon Air Cloud-Hosted
- VMware Horizon DaaS On Premise Platform
This issue occurs if the virtualization tools are uninstalled or are not running.
Note: This may occur if the user tries to connect too soon after rebooting.
To resolve this issue:
- If you have recently rebooted or booted the desktop, wait for few minutes and try again.
- If you still receive the message, escalate to your Administrator so they can escalate to your Service Provider who can start or install virtualization tools as necessary.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.