The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Disabling SSL encryption on VMware Converter Standalone 5.x and 6.0 (2020517)
By default, VMware vCenter Converter Standalone 5.x and 6.0 default the converter worker encrypts the data stream using SSL. Encrypting the traffic increases security, but it can decrease performance.
This article provides steps to disable SSL encryption in VMware vCenter Converter Standalone 5.x and 6.0.
To disable SSL encryption:
- Take a backup of the converter-worker.xml file. By default, this file is located at:
- Windows 7/Server 2008 and Later – C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone
- Window Vista, XP and 2003 Server - %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone
- In older Windows versions – %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone
- Open the converter-worker.xml file using a text editor.
- Locate the tag pair <useSsl></useSsl>. It is located inside the <nfc> tag and has a value of true.
- Change the value to false.
- Save and close the file.
- Restart the VMware vCenter Converter Standalone Worker service on the machine.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.