How to License VMware Fusion and Fusion Pro (2014287)
To license VMware Fusion:
- Launch VMware Fusion.
- Go to VMware Fusion > License.
Note: For Fusion 6.x/7.x/8.x, you are given an option to enter the license when Fusion is launched for the first time.
- Enter the serial number.
The VMware Fusion Activation Code is an alpha-numeric code. For VMware Fusion 8.x, 7.x, 6.x, 5.x, 4.x and 3.x, this code is 25 digits. For example:
AALYG-20HVE-WHQ13-67MUP-XVMF3Note: If you have purchased a retail box, the license key can be found on a small white registration card inside the box. If you purchased an electronic software download (ESD) version, your license key can be found in your order confirmation email.
- Click OK.
Product registration occurs automatically at the time of purchase for all VMware products. The license keys will be available in your My VMware account.
If the licenses are purchased recently and you do not have them under your account please contact you SU/PC.
Note: You can, however, activate your Fusion or Workstation software without registering the license keys. For more information about complimentary support, see Registering for complimentary support in My VMware (2016092).
For more information, see:
- VMware Fusion Support Center Licensing and Upgrade FAQ
- VMware Fusion Documentations
- Fusion 8.0 sales, licensing and compatibility FAQs (2126715)
- You can view your Fusion license keys in My VMware. For more information, see How to view license keys in My VMware (2006831).
- VMware Fusion 2.0.7 is a maintenance release for VMware Fusion 2 and is a free upgrade for VMware Fusion 1 and 2. It accepts 20-character license keys from Fusion 2.0.x and 25-character license keys from Fusion 3.x. If you have bought Fusion 3.x, but want to use Fusion 2.x in your production environment, you can use the 25-character license key of Fusion 3.x. The Fusion 2.0.7 licensing mechanism accepts and interprets the 25-character license key. For more information, see VMware Fusion 2 Release Notes.
You can download VMware Fusion 2.0.7 from the VMware Downloads.
- You can download pre-configured trial virtual machines from the Virtual Appliances catalog section.
- For more information on the End User License Agreement, see VMware Fusion License Agreement.