The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
How to combine license keys in My VMware (2006973)
This article explains steps to combine license keys in My VMware.
Note: If you experience issues when combining license keys, see Combining license keys in My VMware fails (2020934).
- You can combine license keys that are in the same folder to create a single key in the same folder.
- You cannot combine license keys of different editions or for different products, and you cannot combine license keys that are in different folders.
- Super Users, Procurement Contacts, and users with the Divide & Combine License Keys permissions can combine license keys.
To combine license keys:
- Log in to My VMware.
- Select Manage License Keys from the navigation bar at the top.
- Select Combine License Keys from the dropdown:
- Select a folder.
Note: You cannot combine license keys from different folders.
- If you have a large number of products or license keys, you can use the By Products tab. To filter products within particular folders, click the Folders dropdown and select a folder. Click Apply.
- Select a product.
- Select two or more license keys to combine into one license key.
- Click Continue.
- Indicate that you have read and understand the warning, then click Confirm.
The change takes place immediately. An alert is generated when the action is complete.
This Article Replaces
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.