The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
How to modify the default expiry time for the vpxuser account (1016736)
vCenter Server creates the vpxuser account on each ESX/ESXi host that it manages. The password for each vpxuser account is auto-generated when an ESX/ESXi host is added. The password is updated by default every 30 days.
To modify default password settings:
- Connect vSphere Client to vCenter Server.
- Click Administration > vCenter Server Settings > Advanced Settings.
- Scroll to the parameter VirtualCenter.VimPasswordExpirationInDays and change the value from the default.
- For security reasons, VMware does not recommend increasing the value.
- In the /var/log/hostd file you will see the entry:
Password was changed for account vpxuser on host
For more information, see:
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.