Deleting an orphaned virtual machine when the Remove option is not available (1011468)
This article provides steps to delete an orphaned virtual machine. You may want to delete an orphaned virtual machine when you do not have the Remove option in vCenter Server.
- Open VMware Infrastructure or vSphere Client and connect to vCenter Server with a user with Administrative rights.
- Change the view to the VMs and Templates inventory view.
- On the left pane, right-click vCenter Server, click New Folder and provide an alpha-numeric name to the folder.
- Click the virtual machine and while holding the left mouse button, drag the virtual machine to the folder created in step 3.
- Right-click the folder, and click Remove. The folder and its contents are deleted.
Note: In VMware View source or replica virtual machines, the source and replica files are linked to the pool desktop. Deleting any of these files before deleting the pool breaks all pool desktops. For more information, see Unable to delete the VMware View source or replica virtual machine (1030568).