Collecting diagnostic information for VMware ThinApp (1006152)
Answer these questions:
What version of ThinApp (including build number) are you using?
What is the application that was captured?
- On what operating system was the capture performed?
- On what operating system does the problem occur?
- Provide a detailed and precise, step-by-step description of the process used for the capture
Provide a detailed and precise, step-by-step description of how to reproduce the problem
Provide the following additional data:
A ZIP or RAR archive of your ThinApp project, usually in the C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware ThinApp\Captures\application directory, where application corresponds to the captured application.
- Do not include the application's bin subdirectory.
- If the application is not running on the computer that has ThinApp installed, use a network share to access the directory on the ThinApp computer.
If possible, the native application installer(s), including activation keys and/or licenses.
Additional required data
- Your compiled ThinApp package (i.e., the BIN directory, excluding any trace files).
- A ThinApp Log Monitor text trace report for a single failed session of the captured application. If the issue is intermittent, please separate traces from successful runs into a different folder for clarity.
To generate a text trace report:
- Confirm that the application is not running.
- On the computer where you captured the application, select Start > Programs > VMware > ThinApp Log Monitor.
Alternatively, to start Log Monitor on a deployment machine, copy the log_monitor.exe, logging.dll, and Setup Capture.exe files from C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware ThinApp to the deployment machine and double-click the log_monitor.exe file
- Run the application until the problem occurs.
- Click Kill in ThinApp Monitor .
Click Browse to select the trace file.
Click Browse to select the text trace report name and location.
Click Generate text trace report.
Any other relevant data, such as:
- Windows Event Log messages
- The captured application's own log files, if applicable
- All relevant hostnames, IP addresses, usernames and passwords
- Recorded video(s) to illustrate complex problem reproduction instructions
For issues that are particularly difficult to reproduce, or only occur in your environment due to specific application requirements (e.g., multi-tiered applications), we may request that you construct a problem reproduction environment within one or more virtual machines that can be transferred to our support staff (preferred), or remote access to your test site for debugging purposes