Search the VMware Knowledge Base (KB)
View by Article ID
How to view license keys in My VMware (2006831)
If you experience issues viewing license keys, see Missing licenses in your My VMware account (2014346).
Note: For information on viewing evaluation license keys, see How to view My Evaluations in My VMware (2007046).
License keys pageIf you are a Super User, Procurement Contact, or a user with View License Keys & User Permissions, the License Keys page allows you to manage and organize your license keys in an intuitive and flexible manner through a folder management system.
From this page, you can:
- Select folders and products to view license key details. For more information, see How to view license keys in My VMware.
- Select an option in the available dropdown to combine, divide, downgrade, move, or upgrade license keys. For more information, see:
- Create, delete, find, move, and rename folders. For more information, see How to manage folders in My VMware (2011222).
- Export folder data to a CSV file. For more information, see Exporting data to a CSV file in My VMware (2045109).
Note: New link added for 'Additional Report Options' on the License keys page next to Export all to CSV.
Note: If some license keys appear to be missing, see Missing licenses in your My VMware account (2014346).
To view license keys:
- Log in to My VMware.
- Select Manage License Keys from the navigation bar at the top.
- If you are associated with multiple accounts, choose the appropriate account from the dropdown at the top of the page.
- Select one or more license key folders.
Note: Only folders to which you have access appear. If a folder is grayed out, you do not have access to that folder, but you do have access to one or more sub-folders under that parent folder. If you do not see a folder you were expecting to see, ask your Super User or Procurement Contact to add you to the folder. For more information, see How to view user permissions in My VMware (2070468), How to edit user permissions in My VMware (2070479), How to copy user permissions in My VMware (2070481), How to invite new users to an account in My VMware (2070555) & How to locate the Super User and Procurement Contact in My VMware (2070494)
- If you have a large number of products or license keys, you can use the By Products tab. To filter products within particular folders, click the Folders dropdown and select a folder. Click Apply.
- The products contained in those folders display in the right pane. Select a product to view the license keys.
- Select a license key to view support and order information and to view the license key history.
Detailed folder view
Affected users receive an email when folders or license keys have been modified within an Account.
This Detailed folder view is only accessible by selecting the link provided in the appropriate email notification.
Viewing VI3 license keysTo view VI3 license keys:
- Log in to My VMware.
- Click Products on the top.
- Select VI3 License Portal.
Note: In the event you do not have permissions to view any licenses or folders, click on View License Keys & User Permissions to go to Users and Permissions section to request for permissions.
- Português: Como exibir chaves de licença no My VMware (2046651)
- Chinese: 如何在 My VMware 中查看许可证密钥 (2075515)
- Japanese: My VMware でライセンス キーを表示する方法 (2080398)
This Article Replaces
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.