- The upgrade/migration fails with the error:
VMware VirtualCenter failed firstboot. Database in-place upgrade failed. Please see vcdb_inplace.err and vcdb_inplace.out for details.
Please search for these symptoms in the VMware Knowledge Base for any known issues and possible resolutions. If none can be found, collect a support bundle and open a support request.
- In firstbootStatus.json, you see entry similar to:
- In vpxd_firstboot.py_####_stdout.log and vcdb_inplace.err you see entry similar to:
ERROR: must be owner of relation vpx_sn_vdevice_backing_rel_seq
- vCenter Server Appliance - Firstboot logs are located in the /var/log/firstboot directory.
- vCenter Server on Windows - Firstboot logs are located in the VMware-VCS-logs-<year><month><day><hour><minute><second>.zip/vcs_logs/uninstall directory or the VMware-VCS-logs-<year><month><day><hour><minute><second>/vcs_logs/uninstall/<vCenter Hostname><year><month><day><hour><minute><second>.zip/ProgramData/VMware/vCenterServer/logs/firstboot directory.