To resolve this issue, the parent host needs to be disconnected and reconnected from vCenter after a Virtual Machine has been placed on it.
- Log into the vCenter Server UI as an Administrator.
- Under Navigator, select the desired host and right-click it.
- Select Connection > Disconnect, and click Yes at the prompt.
- Once the host has been disconnected, right-click the same host under Navigator.
- Select Connection > Connect, and click Yes at the prompt.
- Repeat steps 2-5 for all other needed hosts.
Virtual machine guest metrics will start collecting in vRealize Operations Manager in the next collection cycle.
In the case of Windows VMs, the guest VMware Tools version also needs to be updated to version 10.3.x or later.
Note: The vCenter VM summary page will show the Guest Tools version if you click More info.