Complete all of the following. If one set of steps resolves the issue, you may skip the other remaining steps.
Windows OS Guests
For Virtual Machines with a Windows OS, ensure they are running guest VMware Tools version 10.3.2 (10338) or later.Note
: The vCenter VM summary page will show the Guest Tools version if you click More info
.VMware vSphere Adapter Credentials
- Ensure the vRealize Operations Manager VMware vSphere adapter credentials have the Performance > Modify intervals privilege enabled in the target vCenter(s). See Minimum Collection User Permissions in vRealize Operations Manager 6.x and later for more information.
Note: The adapter credentials used can be reviewed or modified in vRealize Operations Manager by clicking Configure on the VMware vSphere solutions under Administration > Solutions.
- Log into the vRealize Operations Manager UI as an administrator.
- Navigate to Administration > Solutions.
- Select VMware vSphere.
- Under Configured Adapter Instances, select an adapter instance and click Stop Collecting.
- Once the adapter instance has stopped, click Start Collecting.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 on all other desired adapter instances.
Disconnect and reconnect the parent hosts from vCenter
- Log into the vCenter Server UI as an Administrator.
- Ensure the parent hosts have had a Virtual Machine placed on them.
- Under Navigator, select the desired host and right-click it.
- Select Connection > Disconnect, and click Yes at the prompt.
- Once the host has been disconnected, right-click the same host under Navigator.
- Select Connection > Connect, and click Yes at the prompt.
- Repeat steps 1-6 for all other needed hosts.
Virtual machine guest metrics will start collecting in vRealize Operations Manager within a few collection cycles.