The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Unable to configure HA after upgrading from ESX 4.0 Update 1 to Update 2 (1024426)
- Unable to configure HA on ESX hosts after upgrading from ESX 4.0 Update 1 to Update 2
- In the /var/log/vmware/hostd.log file, you see the error:
Looking up object with name = "haTask--vim.AgentManager.prepareToUpgrade-294970" failed.
GetPropertyProvider failed for haTask--vim.AgentManager.prepareToUpgrade-294970
- In the Event viewer of vCenter Server, you see the error:
Cannot install the vCenter agent service. Cannot upload agent.
This issue occurs if the tmp/vmware-root/ha-agentmgr directory does not exists or does not have the required files.
To resolve this issue:
- Log in to the ESX host as the root user.
- Run this command to verify if the tmp/vmware-root/ha-agentmgr directory and its contents are available:
# ls -l tmp/vmware-root/ha-agentmgr
You must get an output similar to:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 bma mkpasswd 13559713 Sep 8 23:10 upgrade
-rw-r--r-- 1 bma mkpasswd 64 Sep 8 23:10 upgrade.sig
- If not, run this command and delete the vmware-root folder:
rm -R /tmp/vmware-root
- Reconfigure HA. This loads the upgraded VPXA files.
Note: You can reconfigure HA on each host or perform a cluster-wide HA reconfiguration.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.