The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Read-only NFS datastore does not allow browsing for ISO images (2827628)
When installing a guest operating system from an ISO file on an NFS datastore, you are unable to see the ISO files when browsing the datastore.
This issue occurs if you selected the read-only option when you created the NFS datastore. In this case, you cannot see or use any ISO files when trying to connect the virtual CD-ROM device to an ISO file on the datastore.
To resolve this issue, clear the read-only option for the NFS datastore.
To clear the read-only box for the NFS datastore:
- Click the host and then click the Configuration tab.
- Click Storage under Hardware.
- Right-click the NFS datastore and click Unmount.
- After the NFS datastore is unmounted, click Add Storage.
- Click Network File System and then click Next.
- Enter the details and ensure to that the Mount NFS read only option is deselected.
- Click Next and complete the Add Storage wizard.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.