The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
VI Client Loses Connectivity to the ESX Server Host After You Add a New Network Adapter (2243)
To reconfigure networking through the service console:
- Log in directly to your ESX Server console.
- Use the command esxcfg-nics -l to see what names have been assigned to your network adapters.
- Use the command esxcfg-vswitch -l to see which virtual switches, if any, are now associated with device names no longer shown by esxcfg-nics.
- Use the command esxcfg-vswitch -U to remove any network adapters that have been renamed.
- Use the command esxcfg-vswitch -L to re-add the network adapters, giving them the correct names.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.