The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Unable to Log In to the VI Client (2184)
To access the authentication user:
- In your Windows system, bring up your control panel, and open Administrative Tools.
- Start Local Security Policy.
- Click Local Policies.
- Select User Rights Assignment.
- Open Act as part of the operating system.
- Set either your current login or the Administrators group as having this authority (assuming that your current login is a local administrator).
- Reboot your system.
At this point you should be able to log on with no problems.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.