The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Cannot Log In To VirtualCenter Server Using VI Client After VirtualCenter Server Upgrade or Installation (2150)
This problem is caused by a port conflict between the VirtualCenter service and another application. In addition to listening for VI Client connections on port 902, VirtualCenter uses:
- Port 80 for the VirtualCenter WebServer components used by VI Web Access
- Port 443 for the VirtualCenter SDK Web service
- Choose Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Services to display the services control panel.
- Right-click the conflicting service and choose Stop from the drop-down menu.
- Right-click the VirtualCenter service and choose Start from the drop-down menu.
- Uninstall VirtualCenter Server.
- Reinstall VirtualCenter Server, specifying different default ports in the installation wizard to avoid the conflicts.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.