The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Unable to Run Tools Upgrader for Autotools Installation and Upgrade (2121)
- Failed to schedule tools upgrade. error creating vmount device: Cannot open virtual storage driver. Make sure it is running. (0x80040206)
- Failed to schedule tools upgrade. Failed to open disk [storage1] /.vmdk: Cannot open disk file: Error : Disk library failed (NBD_ERR_MALFORMED_NAME). Unable to open 'ha-nfc://[storage1] /.vmdk@:!52 c8 b1 27 7c a0 2c 5d- 24 b7 10 b6 7c 9f 6a 5e'. Failed to configure disk scsi0:0. (0x80040204)
- Uninstall VirtualCenter and restart the machine.
- Go to the C:\Program Files\Common Files\VMware\VMware Virtual Image Editing folder.
- Look for the vmount2.exe and vielib.dll files.
- Delete these two files manually.
- Reinstall VirtualCenter.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.