The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Troubleshooting Horizon View user permission issues with vCenter Server (2085142)
- You cannot log in to vCenter Server as a View user in the View Administrator dashboard.
- You see the error:
A connection problem occurred between the Connection Server, View Composer and vCenter Server. Check that all the services are running and the ports and URL's are entered correctly.
You cannot provision or recompose existing pools.
- The vCenter Single Sign-On Identity Source is incorrectly configured.
Note: This is applicable only to vSphere 5.1 and vSphere 5.5.
- vCenter Server is unable to resolve its DNS.
- vCenter Server is disconnected from the Active Directory (AD) domain controller.
To resolve this issue, you must restore your database or manually add the permissions back into vCenter Server:
- Open the vSphere Client and log in to vCenter Server.
- Select the appropriate vCenter Server in the inventory.
- Click the Permissions tab.
- Right-click and click Add Permission.
- Select the assigned role from the dropdown in the right panel.
- Click Add in the bottom left panel.
- Select the appropriate domain from the Domain dropdown.
Note: If you cannot select the correct domain from the Domain dropdown, this indicates a communication issue between SSO and the domain controller, which may be caused by issues with the SSO configuration, networking, Active Directory, and so on.
- Search or select the correct user or group, or enter the value manually in the Users or Groups fields in the bottom pane.
- Click OK.
Note: If the issue still exists after attempting these steps, file a Support Request with VMware Technical Support and specify this Knowledge Base article ID (2085142) in the problem description. For more information on filing a Support Request, see Filing a Support Request in My VMware (2006985).
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.