The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Disks not claimed automatically when VMware Virtual SAN disk claim mode is set to Automatic (2074560)
- Disks are not claimed automatically by Virtual SAN.
- No disk group(s) are created with the disks.
- The disks in use report 0 of X eligible (where X is the number of disks in the hosts participating in the cluster).
To claim the disks manually:
- Open the vSphere Web Client.
- Click the Manage tab and click Settings.
- Under Virtual SAN, click Disk Management.
- Select the option Select all eligible disks.
- Select the disks you wish to include in Virtual SAN.
- Click OK.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.