The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Upgrade Instructions for VMware vRealize Application Services from v6.0 to v6.0.1 (2069837)
You can use this patch to upgrade vRealize Application Services (formerly known as vCloud Application Director) 6.0 to vRealize Application Services 6.0.1. This patch release contains bug fixes for vRealize Application Services 6.0.
Note: You must install VMware vRealize Automation (formerly known as vCloud Automation Center) 6.0.1 patch before installing the vRealize Application Services patch 6.0.1.
Installing this patch is mandatory for customers moving to VMware vRealize Automation 6.0.1. vRealize Application Services might stop working if version 6.0.1 patch is not installed with VMware vRealize Automation patch 6.0.1.
The version number in the product documentation for vRealize Application Services remains version 6.0. However, this patch upgrades vRealize Application Services to version 6.0.1.
For more information on upgrading vRealize Application Services, see http://pubs.vmware.com/appdirector-6/index.jsp#com.vmware.appdirector6.using.doc/GUID-DBEAD1E8-9FB9-4A37-B20B-1B6C711040C9.html
- You must be an admin on the machine where you install the patch.
- You must have root permission on this machine.
- You must have vRealize Application Services 6.0 installed and configured before you apply this patch.
Release Date: 02/13/2014
Build Number: 1571033
File Name: Patch file for 6.0.1
File Size: 127 MB
- Download and copy the patch file on the appliance from the latest vRealize Application Services product download site https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/details?downloadGroup=APPDIR_601_GA&productId=383&rPId=5077
- Create a directory to untar this patch.
- Click the Download Now button inline with the file name Patch file for 6.0.1.
- Untar the patch in the directory that you created using the following command: tar xvfz ApplicationDirector-188.8.131.52-1571033_Upgrade_Installer.tgz
- To run this patch, switch the user to Root: su root
- To install the patch, run the script: install.sh
- To uninstall this patch, switch the user to Root:
- To uninstall or restore to the previous version, run the following script:
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.