The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
VMware Virtual SAN datastore not listed as a matching datastore when creating a storage based policy (2065479)
- No matching Virtual SAN (VSAN) datastores are listed in the matching resources page of the Storage Based Policy creation wizard.
- You are unable to create the storage based policy.
This is a known issue affecting VMware Virtual SAN 5.5.x.
To work around the issue, perform these steps:
- In the vSphere Web Client navigate to vCenter Server
> Manage > Storage Providers.
- Perform these actions on each of the VSAN vSphere Storage APIs
- Synchronize all VSAN providers by clicking on the red circular arrows.
Rescan the storage providers for new storage systems and
capabilities by clicking on the icon to the immediate right of the
circular red arrows.
- Create your new virtual machine storage based policy and select
VSAN as the matching datastore.
For more information on Storage Providers and policy management, see Virtual SAN and Storage Policy-Based Management in the VMware vSphere 5.5 Storage Guide.
For related information on Virtual SAN:
To be alerted when this article is updated, click Subscribe to Document in the Actions box.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.