The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Opening a console to a virtual machine fails with the error: Unable to connect to the MKS: Error connecting to /bin/vmx process. (2065135)
- When you open a console to a virtual machine, you see the error:
Unable to connect to the MKS: Error connecting to /bin/vmx process
- Attempting to shut down a virtual machine fails.
To work around this issue, power off the affected virtual machine and recreate it.
To recreate the affected virtual machine:
- Power off the virtual machine. If the machine fails to power off, see Powering off a virtual machine on an ESXi host (1014165).
- Create a new virtual machine with the same configuration as the affected virtual machine but without any virtual machine disk (vmdk) files attached.
- Remove the virtual machine disk files from the affected virtual machine.
- Add the virtual machine disk files from the affected virtual machine to the new virtual machine.
- Power on the new virtual machine.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.