The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Enabling Active Directory on the VMware vCenter Server Appliance 5.x fails with the error: Enabling active directory failed (2062610)
- Attempting to enable Active Directory on the vCenter Server Appliance (VCSA) fails.
- You are unable to enable Active Directory on the VCSA through the VMware vCenter Server Appliance Management Interface (VAMI).
- Enabling Active Directory on the VCSA through the VAMI at https://vCenter_FQDN:5480 fails.
- You are unable to add a VCSA to an Active Directory domain on the command line using SSH.
- You see the error:
ERROR: Enabling active directory failed
- The vpxd_cfg.log file (located in /var/log/vmware/vpx) contains entries similar to:
YYYY-MM-DD 13:38:09 4913: ERROR: Enabling active directory failed: Error: Invalid username [code 0x0000000b] The username 'DOMAIN\username@DOMAIN.COM' is invalid because it contains a backslash. Please use UPN syntax (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you wish to use a username from a different domain.
Testing domain (domain.com)
Enabling active directory: domain.com ssc-gjERROR: Enabling active directory failed: Joining to AD Domain: domain.com With Computer DNS Name: VCSA Error: Required configuration stage not enabled [code 0x0000a606] The configuration of module 'set computer hostname' is required. Please either allow this configuration stage to be performed automatically (by passing '--enable hostname'), or manually perform these configuration steps and rerun the domain join: The following step(s) are required: Change the fqdn from 'VCSA' to 'VCSA. domain.com '. The current fqdn is invalid because it does not contain a dot in the name. Changing the fqdn could be done via DNS, but this program will change it with the following steps...
- User credentials use the User Principal Name (UPN) format, for example, email@example.com.
- The VCSA hostname uses the FQDN format.
If the VCSA is configured using only the short name or IP address, use the VAMI to modify the hostname.
To modify the VCSA hostname:
- Log into the VAMI as the root user.
Note: The default URL is https://vCenter_Server_Appliance_IP:5480
- Click the Network tab and the Address sub-tab.
- In the Hostname field, enter the FQDN, for example, VCSA.domain.com.
- Under Actions, click Save Settings.
- Restart the VCSA.
- When the VCSA restarts, join it to the Active Directory domain using the VAMI.
- VMware vCenter Server Appliance 5.x 上で Active Directory を有効にしようとすると失敗し、次のエラーが表示される：Active Directory の有効化に失敗しました (2096006)
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.