The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
vSphere Replication 5.1 may automatically upgrade to vSphere Replication 5.5 (2060190)
- vSphere Replication fails
- The vSphere Replication version now says 5.5 instead of 5.1
- This can be found in the Getting Started tab, Summary tab, or Related Objects tab.
A pre-release version of vSphere Replication has been made available and if you have Automatic Check and Install updates selected the vSphere Replication appliance will automatically upgrade to version 5.5.
vCenter Update Manager may also have this version downloaded. VMware recommends not installing the vSphere 5.5 Replication version in your 5.1 environment.
vSphere Replication 5.5 is not compatible with vSphere 5.1, which results in an inability to manage vSphere Replication and initiate failover.
If you experience this issue, contact VMware Support.
To ensure you are not impacted by this issue:
- Log into the vSphere Replication Appliance.
- Click the Update tab.
- Click Settings.
- Choose No Automatic Updates.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.