The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
VMware Fusion 6 fails to start (2058900)
- You cannot open VMware Fusion
- Fusion crashes when opened
- The crash report includes this text:
Note: The issue is fixed in VMware Fusion 6.0.1. Please install Fusion using the latest version of the installer available at the VMware Download Center.
To remove the old license information:
- Click OK to close the crash report.
- Open Finder.
- On the top menu bar, click Go > Go to Folder. Enter the path below:
- Delete all files that start with
license.fusion.site.by dragging them to the Trash.
- If you are prompted to allow the changes, enter your Mac login name and password, then click OK.
sudo rm /Library/Preferences/VMware\ Fusion/license.fusion.site.*
When prompted for a password, enter your Mac password.
Note: For security reasons, the typed password is not displayed.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.