End of Availability and End of Support Life for VMware vCloud Director 5.1 Standalone (2057589)
About the End of Availability and End of Support Life
- vCloud Director 5.5 will be available only as part of vCloud Suite 5.5.
- VMware has announced the End of Availability (“EOA”) of the VMware vCloud Director 5.1 for sale as a standalone product effective September 19, 2013.
- Existing customers can maintain their vCloud Director through either the entitlement program or while converting to vCloud Suite with the Fair Value Conversion Program.
VMware will be extending the Support for vCloud Director 5.5. Generally, as per the VMware Enterprise Application Support Policy, VMware will support the current release of software for 2 years from the general availability of the Major Release, or the latest released version for 12 months. However, VMware will provide extended support for vCloud Director 5.5 with support available for 4 years from general availability. Customers will be able to get telephone and Internet support for vCloud Director 5.5 until their current contract expires or until Q3, 2017, whichever is earlier.
Existing customers of vCloud Director 5.1 who are currently under an active Support and Subscription (SnS) contract are entitled to upgrade to vCloud Director 5.5.
Existing customers who are currently under an active SnS contract can use their vCloud Director 5.1 license key.
There are two options for existing for customers of vCloud Director 5.1 standalone product SKUs:
- Existing customers can maintain their vCloud Director investment by taking their support and subscription (SnS) entitlement to vCloud Director 5.5. All existing customers with an active Support and Subscription contract are entitled to vCloud Director 5.5.
- If the customer wants to upgrade to vCloud Suite, VMware offers customers a Fair Value Conversion process. For more information, see VMware Fair Value Conversion Program.
vCloud Director will no longer be available for sale as standalone SKUs as of September 19, 2013. After that, customers can access equivalent functionality in vCloud Suite Standard, Advanced or Enterprise editions.
The End of Support for vCloud Director 5.1 remains as September 10, 2014. For more information, see the VMware Lifecycle Product Matrix.
Yes, the product will continue to function but VMware will not provide access to support services, patches or maintenance releases.