Collecting diagnostic information for VMware vRealize Log Insight (2056760)
VMware Technical Support routinely requests diagnostic information from you when a support request is handled. This diagnostic information contains product specific logs and configuration files from the host on which the product is run. The information is gathered using a specific script or tool for each product.
- Log in to the vRealize Log Insight Web interface. <https://vcloginsightIP/login>
- Click on the gear icon at the top right.
- Under Management, select Appliance.
- Under Support, click on Download Support Bundle.
- Click Continue when prompted.
- Once the download completes, Save File to desired location.
- Upload the support bundle to VMware. For more information, see Uploading diagnostic information to VMware (1008525).
Note: The support information is collected and saved in a *.tar.gz file that has the following naming convention.: loginsight-support-YYYY-MM-DD_HHMMSS.xxxxx.tar.gz, where xxxxx is the process ID under which the loginsight-support is ran.