Installing OS X 10.9 Mavericks as a guest operating system in VMware Fusion (2056603)
- Apple's End User license agreement allows you to install up to two additional copies of Mac OS X 10.9 on a Mac that is already running a retail version of the operating system and not a pre-installed version.
- For a Mac shipped with OS X 10.9, refer to Creating a new OS X virtual machine from the recovery partition in VMware Fusion 6.0 (2056798)
Note: If you have already purchased the upgrade, by default, you can download the Install OS X 10.9 Mavericks application from the Mac App Store.
To install Mac OS X 10.9 in a virtual machine using the Mavericks app download:
- Select File > New from the Fusion menu bar.
- Select Install from disc or image and Click Continue.
- Drag and drop the Install OS X Mavericks application into Use operating system installation disc or image dialog box.
- Click Continue.
- Fusion should automatically discover the Guest Operating System. If not, ensure that the Operating System is set to Apple Mac OS X and that the version is set to Mac OS X 10.9. Click Continue.
- If you want to modify any of the settings, such as memory (RAM), CPU, or hard disk size, click Customize Settings and specify the non-default values.
- Click Finish. The installation starts.
- When prompted, select Reinstall Mac OS X and click Continue.
- Click Continue.
- Agree to the license agreement and follow the prompts to begin the installation.
After the installation completes, you must install VMware Tools on the virtual machine. To do this, first eject the Mac OS installation disc image from within the new virtual machine. For more information, see Installing VMware Tools in a Mac OS Guest (1032440).
- Mirrored folders
- 3D acceleration. SVGA only.
- Multi-monitor support in full screen.
- USB 3.0 support.