The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Network reconfiguration of the VSA cluster fails with an error (2050665)
When you perform network reconfiguration of the VSA cluster, the following error message might be displayed:
The VSA Cluster member is not currently in maintenance mode.
To work around this issue, perform the following steps:
- Run the following command to check the current status of the cluster:
wscli <cluster IP> getStorageCluster
- If the storage cluster is displayed, proceed to Step 5.
- If an error message is displayed, run wscli <vsa VM IP> getSvaServerInfo for all VSA virtual machines.
- If none of the VSA virtual machines are in maintenance mode (maintenance mode = false), run the following command to put them in maintenance mode:
wscli <vsa VM IP> enterMaintenanceMode
- Run the following command:
<cluster IP> enterStorageClusterMaintenanceMode true
- Run the following command to ensure that the cluster is in maintenance mode:
wsclli <cluster IP> pingSas
This command should display an error message.
- Run the following command to ensure that all VSA virtual machines are in maintenance mode:
wscli <vsa VM IP> pingSva
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.