Audio issues with the VMware Virtual Audio (DevTap) driver running on a Horizon View desktop (2045764)
- Audio can occasionally experience periods of static or distortion.
- Audio can frequently skip or stutter.
- Audio might frequently drop out with no output.
- High CPU utilization is occurring in the guest operating system or on the ESXi host.
- The network is experiencing reduced bandwidth, latency, or network packet loss.
- In the Windows guest operating system, under Performance Settings, change the setting for Visual Effects to Adjust for Best Performance.
- Configure the desktop virtual machine with two vCPUs.
- Reduce the PCoIP audio bandwidth by changing the pcoip.adm group policy setting, Configure the PCoIP session audio bandwidth limit, from the default value of 500Kbps to 100Kbps.
If you use the Teradici Audio Driver provided by Teradici, you might experience similar symptoms of audio distortion and drop-outs, although they may occur less frequently. This driver is available on the Teradici support site at http://www.teradici.com.