The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
VMware vSphere Storage Appliance (VSA) installation wizard displays an error message related to Enhanced vMotion Capability (EVC) (2045525)
During VSA 1.0 installation, the VSA installation wizard displays the following error message:
The host's CPU hardware does not support the cluster's current Enhanced vMotion Compatibility mode. The host CPU lacks features required by that mode.
You can work around this issue by following these steps:
- On the VSA management server, close any open instances of the vSphere Client.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\tomcat\webapps\VSAManager\WEB-INF\classes and open the dev.properties file with a text editor such as WordPad.
- In the dev.properties file, set the evc.config variable to false.
- Save the dev.properties file and restart VMware VirtualCenter Management Webservices.
- Open the vSphere Client and create a VSA Cluster.
- Power off all virtual machines running in the created VSA cluster.
- Close the vSphere Client.
- In the dev.properties file, set the evc.config variable to true.
- Restart VMware VirtualCenter Management Webservices.
- Open the vSphere Client and edit the settings for the new cluster.
- Configure the correct EVC mode for the cluster and save the settings.
This issue has been resolved in VSA 5.1 and later.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.