The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Uploading logs using the vCenter Support Assistant fails with the error: unable to find valid certification path to requested target (2044202)
- Cannot upload logs using the vCenter Support Assistant 5.1
- Uploading logs using the vCenter Support Assistant 5.1 fails
- You see the error:
An error while uploading occurred:An error occurred while uploading.Additional information:Failure code: 650Failure reason: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIK path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target.
- Running the built-in diagnostics passes for all checks.
To resolve this issue:
- Open an SSH/Putty session to the IP address of the vCenter Support Assistant appliance.
- Open the environment file using a text editor. For example:
- Add a line similar to :
https_proxy= https://yourproxy. yourdomain.com :3128
Note: Edit this entry to suit your network proxy settings.
- Reboot the vCenter Support Assistant appliance.
- Open the vSphere Client to vCenter Server with which the Support Assistant is registered and ensure you see it under Solutions and Applications.
- Attempt to upload the logs to a new or existing Support Request. The upload should now be successful.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.