The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Installing vFabric Hyperic Server 5.0 using RPM package fails when a previous version was installed (2043392)
- Attempting to install vFabric Hyperic 5.0 using the RPM package and the installer indicates that it has completed successfully, but the server files are not installed.
- You are unable to successfully install vFabric Hyperic 5.0.
- Installation of vFabric Hyperic 5.0 fails.
/etc/vmware/vfabric/hyperic/vfabric_hyperic_server.propertiesfile from a previous version installation exists, it may prevent the vFabric Hyperic 5.0 RPM installer from successfully completing.
- Move or rename the previously existing
- Remove the failed vFabric Hyperic 5.0 installation by running the command:
rpm -e vfabric-hyperic-server
Note: You can also use the
yum erase vfabric-hyperic-servercommand.
- Install vFabric Hyperic 5.0 by running the command:
rpm -i vfabric-hyperic-server-5.0.0.EE-1.x86_64.rpm
- After successfully installing vFabric Hyperic 5.0, you can safely delete the moved/renamed
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.