The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Guest OS customization fails with no errors when deployed from French/Russian Windows template (2042564)
- Guest OS customization fails with no errors during deployment. Virtual machine deployment completes.
- You are unable to customize a guest operating system deployed from a French Windows template.
- You are unable to customize a guest operating system deployed from a Russian Windows template.
- From the same vCenter Server, you are able to customize a guest operating system deployed from an English Windows template.
This issue is resolved in ESXi 5.1 Update 1. To download ESXi 5.1 Update 1, see the VMware Download Center.
To work around this issue, you must replace the current version of VMware Tools on the French Windows template with an older VMware Tools version.
To replace the current version of VMware Tools:
- Uninstall the current version of the VMware Tools installed on the French Windows template. For more information, see Uninstall VMware Tools in the vSphere 5.1 Documentation Center.
Note: You must reboot the virtual machine after uninstalling VMware tools.
- Download and install the older version of VMware Tools for your environment:
Note: For more information on installing VMware Tools, see Installing VMware Tools in a Windows virtual machine (1018377).
Additional InformationTo be alerted when this article is updated, click Subscribe to Document in the Actions box.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.