The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
vFabric Hyperic warning: Resource not associated with that agent (2042083)
- The vFabric Hyperic server.log file contains the warning:
WARN [measurementSendReport-XXXX] [org.hyperic.hq.measurement.server.session.ReportProcessorImpl@278] measurement (id=XXXX, name=Sample Metric) was sent to the HQ server from agent (agentToken=XXXX, name=XXXX, port=XXXX) but resource (id=XXXX, name=Sample Resource) is not associated with that agent. Dropping measurement.
- If many of these warnings are logged (for example, several thousand per day), the vFabric Hyperic server may exhibit performance degradation caused by the amount of system resources used to log the warning.
The agent identified in the log message has a metric schedule that includes a measurement not assigned to it. In most cases, the measurement in question has been deleted and should not be getting collected by any agent.
The result is the vFabric Hyperic agent is sending metric data to the vFabric Hyperic server, which the server does not know how to handle and therefore ignores.
There is currently no permanent resolution.
In extreme cases when the volume of logging is impacting system performance, you can work around this issue by disabling the log warning.
To disable the warning:
- Edit conf/server-log4j.xml in your vFabric Hyperic server installation.
- Change this section:
- Save the change and close the file.
- Restart the vFabric Hyperic server.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.