The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Old jobs continually reappear in the Resque Queue in Socialcast On Premise v2 (2041773)
- Queue is large, and jobs are being processed by Workers.
- Queue sizes eventually reduce and/or return to 0.
- After an arbitrary time has elapsed (usually < 1 hour), queue numbers quickly return to the same size as before.
- When inspecting the /var/log/redis/redis.log file, you observe the following error message repeated one or many times:
* 100 changes in 300 seconds. Saving...
# Can't save in background: fork: Cannot allocate memory
- Duplicate e-mail digests & notifications are being received by users.
To clear the Redis dataset and reduce the resulting memory usage, see Manually purge and reset the Redis Queue Server dataset in Socialcast On Premise (2041218).
After performing these steps, the queue will be cleared and the memory usage for Redis returned to normal. The /var/log/redis/redis.log will now report successful BGSAVE operations, such as:
* 10 changes in 300 seconds. Saving...
* Background saving started by pid 8865
* DB saved on disk
* Background saving terminated with success
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.