Using the & (ampersand) character for input strings causes errors in VCM 5.6 (2041066)
When you include the ampersand character as part of an input string for various actions, errors occur and the action fails. When you add a filter under machine groups, the ampersand is not escaped. When an ampersand exists in the mapping name or description for compliance badge mapping, errors occur. Including the ampersand in edit setting options, names, or in other cases also causes errors.
Do not include the & (ampersand) character in input strings, names, or edit setting options, such as the following cases.
- Domain name
- Discovery rule name
- Compliance badge mapping name
- Reboot notification message setting
- Edit setting options for administration of integrated products
- Filters in machine groups
- Collection filter set names
- Alert rules
- Scheduled jobs
- Snapshot name