The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Known issues with the vFabric Hyperic plug-in for vFabric GemFire (2039923)
Known Issues For VMware vFabric GemFire 6.6.x and VMware vFabric GemFire 7.0
- Auto Inventory: If there are unapproved resources in the auto-discovery queue, GemFire resources my appear to not be auto-discovered. This results in no GemFire resources being added to the inventory.
To work around this isse, approve everything in the queue.
- Auto Inventory: If the platform hosting the Gemfire resource is configured too quickly after being added to inventory, auto inventory of GemFire resources fails.
To work around this issue, initiate a new auto discovery from the Tools menu.
- In VMware vFabric Hyperic 4.x, when you delete a plug-in that defines a platform type, the platform type remains in Hyperic. This remans true for GemFire and gfee plug-ins.
There is no supported method for deleting platform types.
Known Issues For VMware vFabric GemFire 6.6.x
- When monitoring GemFire 6.6.x CacheServers, an Application Peers Monitor page shows this message:
No indicator metrics available for this time period.
No workaround is needed for this message. This message appears by design, since all metrics are grouped into services.
- If a member's name is not explicitly set, the resource is discovered as
gemfire.member.name.string. This text changes upon a restart of GemFire.
To work around this issue, set the member's name.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.