End of Availability and End of Support Life for ESX 4.x and VMware Management Assistant 1.0 and 4.0 (2039567)
As of August 15, 2013, VMware will no longer offer the ability to download, downgrade, or generate license keys for vSphere ESX Hypervisor 4.x, and vMA 1.0/4.0. VMware recommends that you make a backup copy or keep an archived copy of these binaries and generate any necessary license keys to maintain or expand your environment. These steps should be completed prior to the August 15, 2013 End of Availability date. VMware will not provide any binaries or license keys for vSphere ESX Hypervisor 4.x or vMA 1.0 and 4.0 after August 15, 2013.
If you require assistance in moving to vSphere ESXi, you can purchase VMware’s Professional Services Offering: vSphere ESX to ESXi Assessment and Migration. This service offering is ideal for large-scale migrations as it accelerates existing ESX transitions to ESXi through knowledge transfer workshops, thorough analysis of the environment, plus an estimate for the effort required to migrate from vSphere ESX to ESXi. VMware partners also offer migration services. For more information, see VMware ESX to ESXi Assessment and Migration Service.
For more information, see http://www.vmware.com/go/esx-end-of-availability.
- The End of Availability of vSphere ESX 4.x Hypervisor and vMA 1.0 and 4.0 is August 15, 2013. After this date, the software licenses will no longer be available for purchase.
- The End of Support Life date remains May 21, 2014. You can view the VMware support lifecycle policy at https://www.vmware.com/support/policies/lifecycle.html
- Your rights after End of Support Life include the use of the software, but no new patches or updates will be issued and no technical assistance will be provided.
- You can view information about the vSphere ESX to ESXi Assessment and Migration Service at http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/services/Files2011/vmware-ESXi-assess-migrate-service-brief.pdf.
- You can visit the VMware vSphere ESX and ESXi Info Center at http://www.vmware.com/products/vsphere/esxi-and-esx/overview.html.
- You can visit the VMware vSphere Upgrade Center at http://www.vmware.com/products/vsphere/upgrade-center/overview.html.