The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
The Connect USB Device menu in the View Client displays the message: Desktop Initializing... (2039429)
- USB devices are not redirecting from the View Client to the View desktop
- If you select the Connect USB Device View Client menu option, you see the message:
To resolve this issue:
- In the View Client machine, open a command prompt.
- Run this command and verify that Port 32111 is listening:
netstat -an | findstr 32111
TCP 0.0.0.0:32111 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
- If its not listening, verify that port 32111 is open between the View Client and View desktop.
- If you are using a Security Server, verify Port 32111 is open between the Security Server and the View desktop.
Note: For more information, see Network connectivity requirements for VMware View Manager 4.5 and later (1027217).
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.