The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Cannot share or mention other users and groups from individual groups in Socialcast On Premise v2 (2039383)
- In other groups, a drop-down list appears showing people and groups to select.
- In this group, only Group Members are shown as options.
- Manually entering a group name after the @ symbol fails to create a link and post the message to the group.
- Private: A small lock icon is present in the top right corner.
- External Facing: A small icon featuring four arrows is present in the top right corner
- Public: No icon is observed.
If it is determined to be a Private Group, you must change the group to Public before:
- members are able to share content with other groups.
- other groups can share content to this group.
Note: This change must be completed by a Group Administrator by following the Edit Settings option in the sidebar of the group, selecting Public as the type and saving changes.
For External Facing groups, it is not possible to change the group type or to merge with another group. there is no way to add functionality to groups like this.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.