Installing vFabric AppInsight in Large Scale Environments (2039352)
By default, vFabric AppInsight is installed for small environments with up to 300 monitored components. This article describes how to reconfigure AppInsight for large environments of up to 2000 monitored components.
- Before you start, verify that storage, equivalent to the size of the virtual machine, is available for the virtual machine snapshot.
- Verify that you are using ESX version 5.x, or later, and your file system runs VMFS v. 5.
You first adjust the hardware settings of your virtual machine, then run a script to complete the installation.
Adjust hardware settings
- Power off the AppInsight virtual machine.
- Increase the number of CPUs to 8.
- Increase the RAM to 20GB.
- Increase the disk size to up to 700GB for 2000 monitored components.
- Power on the AppInsight virtual machine.
Run the reconfiguration script
- Type conmanage.py, then stop_appinsight to stop AppInsight.
- Change directory by typing cd /opt/vmware/apm/bin.
- Run ./large-scale-settings.
- Type conmanage.py, then start_appinsight to start AppInsight.