The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Virtual machine library is empty after upgrading Fusion (2039312)
This article provides steps to add a virtual machine in VMware Fusion Library.
Whenever Fusion is upgraded,downgraded or reinstalled, any previous virtual machines are automatically detected and appear in the Virtual Machine Library. If it does not appear, please follow the instructions below.
- From Fusion's menu bar, go to File > Open.
- Navigate to and select the virtual machine.
- Click Open.
- Repeat as needed for each virtual machine.
Alternate steps to add a virtual machine in VMware Fusion Library.
- Click the Spotlight icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Type .vmwarevm.
- Click Show All.
- If you see more results that are not virtual machines, click File Name in the search bar of the search result window(rather than Contents).
- Double-click the virtual machine to import it in the Virtual Machine library.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.