The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Virtual machine library is empty after upgrading Fusion (2039312)
This article provides steps to import a virtual machine in VMware Fusion.
When Fusion is upgraded/downgraded, the Virtual Machine library is empty by default. The virtual machine must be added or imported to the library manually.
To import the virtual machine in Fusion:
- Click the Spotlight icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Type .vmwarevm.
- Click Show All.
- If you see more results that are not virtual machines, click File Name in the search bar of the search result window(rather than Contents).
- Double-click the virtual machine to import it in the Virtual Machine library.
Note: If you are unable to add the virtual machine using the steps in this article:
- Gather the VMware Support Script Data. For more information, see Collecting diagnostic information for VMware products (1008524).
- File a support request with VMware Support. For more information, see How to submit a Support Request.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.