The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
The Fusion virtual machine fails to boot after upgrading the guest operating system (2039303)
After upgrading the operating system within the Fusion virtual machine.
- The virtual machine fails to boot
- VMware Tools does not function correctly
To resolve this issue, you must manually change the operating system type.
To change the operating system type of the virtual machine:
- Open VMware Fusion.
- Power off the virtual machine, if it is running or suspended.
- Click the Virtual Machine menu and click Settings > General.
- Click the operating system and change the virtual machine operating system type.
- Click Change to change the virtual machine's operating system.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.