The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Logging out after remaining idle for some time in VMware Service Manager 9.x fails with the error: Session Expired or Logged out (2036824)
- Attempting to log out from Service Manager after remaining idle for some time fails
- When you log in to the Service Manager customer portal and then remain idle for some time, the session expires and you cannot log out
- When you click Logout, you see this error:
Session Expired or Logged out.
- You are unable to log in again after you see this error
- Attempting to log in after a failed logout reports the error:
This is a known issue in Service Manager 9.x
This issue has been reviewed by the VMware Service Manager Engineering team. At this point in time, this issue has been assessed as an acceptable limitation of the product, with no immediate plans to resolve.
It will however remain open internally, so that the defect can be tracked.
Currently, there is no workaround for this issue.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.