The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Sign-in via Single Sign-On (SSO) in Socialcast displays the error: Email has already been taken (2036730)
- Attempting to access the Socialcast community fails with error:
Sign In required to view this page. Email has already been taken
- When searching for a user in the Admin interface using an e-mail address, an active or de-activated account is found.
When a match is found based on Company Login, the account is updated with the e-mail address and the names being passed via SSO. When updating, if the e-mail address of the matched user account is already in use by another account, the above error is displayed as e-mail addresses are required to be distinct for all accounts.
- Verify the field mappings for SSO and LDAP. For more information, see Using SSO in combination with LDAP integration in Socialcast (2035371).
- Ensure e-mail addresses and usernames/identifiers are both unique in the set of users being generated by your LDAP integration.
- Perform another Directory Mirroring task (LDAP sync).
After this verification is complete, conduct another search for an active or deactivated user using the user's e-mail address. Once found, edit the user account and ensure that the Company Login username is updated manually to the correct value.
If the account being updated is currently deactivated in Socialcast, it is re-enabled when the user completes the next sign-in via SSO. If the error persists, then the unique identifier being passed in the assertion should be verified as it may not be the same information being passed via LDAP integration for Company Login or it may not be configured correctly and is using the same identifier for all users.
Note: For information on setting the correct identifier for Active Directory Federation Services 2.0, please refer to Configuring an Active Directory Federation Services Relying Party for use with Socialcast Single Sign On (2035246).
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.