The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Installing vCenter Multi-Hypervisor Manager fails with the error: Error 1721. There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package (2036705)
- You cannot install vCenter Multi-Hypervisor Manager.
- Installing vCenter Multi-Hypervisor Manager fails.
- When you attempt to install the vCenter Multi-Hypervisor Manager server, you see an error similar to:
Error 1721. There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. A program required for this
install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action:
InstallVCRedistributable, location: .../vcredist_x64.e...
- Log in as an administrator to the Windows machine where you are installing the vCenter Multi-Hypervisor Manager server.
- Log in as a user with sufficient rights to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.