The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Removing stale physical machine entries from the ADAM database in View Manager (2036601)
This article provides steps to remove stale physical machine entries from the ADAM database in View Manager.
You may want to remove the stale entries if you rename a physical desktop that was previously added to the View Connection Server without properly deleting it from the ADAM database.
To remove stale physical machine entries from the ADAM database in View Manager:
Note: Ensure to back up the ADAM database before proceeding. For more information, see Performing an end-to-end backup and restore for View Manager (1008046).
- Log in to the machine hosting your View Connection Server through the vSphere Client virtual machine console or Microsoft RDP.
- Open the ADAM Active Directory Service Interfaces Editor:
- In Windows 2003, navigate to Start > Programs > ADAM > ADAM ADSI Edit.
- In Windows 2008, navigate to Start > All Programs >Administrator Tools > ADSI Edit.
- Right-click ADAM ADSI Edit and click Connect to.
- Ensure that Select or type a domain or server is selected and enter localhost in the field.
- Select Distinguished Name or Naming Context.
- Type dc=vdi, dc=vmware, dc=int.
- Run a query against OU=Servers, DC=vdi, DC=vmware, DC=int with this string:
(&(objectClass=pae-VM)(pae-displayname=<Physical Machine name>))
- After running the query, right-click on the resulting CN record that contains the object and delete it.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.