Determining your versions of the Horizon Mobile components (2036042)
- VMware® Ready™ mobile device
- VMware Ready component
- VMware Switch application
- Base workspace image
- VMware® Horizon Mobile Manager™ virtual appliance
Note: This article provides example steps for obtaining the relevant information. When the information is obtained on a mobile device, the steps might be different depending on your specific mobile device. In addition, the actual build and version numbers of your installed components might vary from the ones depicted in the following examples.
Information You Can Obtain on the Mobile Device
On the mobile device, you can obtain the device's model number, and the software version information for the VMware Ready, VMware Switch, and base workspace image components.
An LG Spectrum VS920 4G LTE smartphone is used in the following examples.
Device Model Number
In a Support Request, provide the model number of the VMware Ready mobile device you are using. Obtain the model number on the device. The model number is usually found in the device's About phone information. For example, open Settings > About phone > Phone identity and find the model number in the displayed list.
Software Version Information for the VMware Ready, VMware Switch, Base Workspace Image Components
In a Support Request, provide the software version information for the VMware Ready component, the VMware Switch application, and the base workspace image. Obtain the version numbers for these components by viewing the list of all applications, finding VMware Switch in that list, and opening its settings. For example:
- Open Settings > Apps > All.
- In the list of all applications, touch VMware Switch.
- Touch Manage space. The Manage VMware Switch Settings is displayed.
- Touch Diagnostics. The software version numbers for the VMware Ready, VMware Switch, and the provisioned workspace are displayed. If a workspace is not provisioned on the device, no workspace information is displayed.
Information You Can Obtain in the Horizon Mobile Manager Virtual ApplianceIn addition to the information available on the mobile device itself, you can obtain additional information about the workspace that is provisioned on a user's mobile device by using Horizon Mobile Manager's administration user interface.
Information About a User's Provisioned Base Workspace ImageTo view information about a user's provisioned workspace using the administration user interface:
- Open the user details page for the user by clicking Users and then clicking the user's name in the displayed list of users.
- Expand the Workspace Container section if it is not already expanded. The Name row displays the name of the base workspace image. Make a note of the name.
- To associate the name with a build ID, view the list of workspace images available to this instance of Horizon Mobile Manager by clicking Workspace Images.
- Click the list entry that displays the name from Step 2. In the Workspace Image Details window, the Build ID row displays the build number for that workspace image.
Information About the Horizon Mobile Manager Virtual Appliance
You can view the identification information for your Horizon Mobile Manager installation in these locations:
- Using the VMware vSphere® Client™, on the Console tab for the Horizon Mobile Manager virtual appliance
- Using the virtual appliance's configuration interface, on the System tab
- Using the administration interface, by clicking the About link
Using the vSphere ClientIn the vSphere Client, select the Horizon Mobile Manager virtual appliance and view its console by clicking Console. The version and build number for the Horizon Mobile Manager virtual appliance are displayed.
Using the Horizon Mobile Manager Configuration InterfaceTo view the virtual appliance software version:
- In your browser, type the Horizon Mobile Manager configuration interface URL, in the format https://ip_address:5480, where the ip_address is the one you set when you configured the virtual appliance itself.
- Log in as the root user, and use the password that you set when you configured the Horizon Mobile Manager virtual appliance.
The version and build information is displayed on the System tab.
Using the Administration Interface
In the Horizon Mobile Manager administration interface, click About to view the identifying hash and branch information.
SummaryWhen opening a Support Request for an issue related to your Horizon Mobile environment, be prepared to provide one or more of these identifiers for the Horizon Mobile components.
|Mobile device||Model number (from the mobile device)|
|VMware Ready component||Software version number (from the mobile device)|
|VMware Switch application||Software version number (from the mobile device)|
|Base workspace image|
|Horizon Mobile Manager||Software version and build number (from the virtual appliance's console or from the configuration user interface)|
|Horizon Mobile Manager||Hash and branch information (from the About link in the administration user interface)|