Full disk on vCloud Networking and Security 5.1 (Edge component) fails with error: VIX_E_DISK_FULL (2035939)
- In vCloud Director, attempting a reconfig fails with this error:
- In vCloud Director, when looking at Edge Gateways, you receive this error:
Edge VM backing the edge gateway is unreachable
- If an edge is stuck with a VIX_E_DISK_FULL error, it can be reinstalled either from VMware vCloud Director or VMware vShield Manager.
This article provides information on the failure of configurations on vShield Edge 5.1.0 as a result of VIX_E_DISK_FULL error .
- This script must run every 14 days. However, it is not necessary once you upgrade to vCloud Networking and Security 5.1.1.
- The script is attached to this article (below).
Running the script
Note: You must upgrade to the vCloud Networking and Security 5.1.1. release as soon as possible.
./redeployAllCompactEdges.sh <vSM_IP> <vSM_user> <vSM_passwd> [<Parallel_re-deployments>]
- vSM_IP = vShield Manager IP address
- vSM_user = vShield Manager admin user name
- vSM_passwd = vShield Manager admin password
- Parallel_re-deployments = By default, this script redeploys all compact vShield Edges in a serial fashion. Use this parameter to change this behavior to a parallel deployment by specifying the number of concurrent vShield Edges that should be redeployed. The number can be 1 to 10.
This example redeploys four (4) vShield Edges in parallel:
Once the disk full state occurs, the appliance continues to run headless and provide protection. However, any vShield Edge configuration change within VMware vShield Manager results in a VIX_E_DISK FULL error.